lower left, in plate: DIANA; lower left, below image in brown ink: [PMC.?]; lower right, below image in brown ink: premiere Epreuve avant l'adresse d'Horatio Pacifico, et cette de DeRossi.
Marks and Labels
verso, at lower right, stamped in red ink: Edward Duff Balken (Lugt 843); at lower right, stamped in blue ink: Emanuel Levy (Lugt 876)
Emanuel Levy, New York; Edward Duff Balken, Pittsburgh [1874-1960]; gift to Lessing J. Rosenwald [1891-1979], March 1940; gift to NGA, 1943.
- Antioch College, Yellow Springs, OH, 1963-1964.
- Landscape Prints from the National Gallery's Collection, NGA, 1985.
- Italian Women Artists: from Renaissance to Baroque, National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, DC, no. 17, repro.
- Bartsch, Adam. Le peintre graveur. 21 vols. Vienna, 1802-1821: vol.15, p.449, no.39.
- Bellini, Paolo. L'opera incisa di Adamo e Diana Scultori, Milan, 1991: no. 9 ii/vi.