Private collection, Paris (sale, Ader Picard Tajan, Paris, 9 March 1988, no. 153); (purchased by Kate Ganz Ltd., London); purchased by Ian Woodner, New York, 30 June 1989; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Master Drawings 1500-1900, Kate Ganz Ltd, London, 1989, no. 3.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1990, no. 32.
- Dürer to Diebenkorn: Recent Acquisitions of Art of Paper, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1992, no. 10.
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 61.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007.
- The Woodner Collections: Master Drawings from Seven Centuries, NGA, 2017.
- The Touch of Color: Pastels at the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2019 - 2020, unnumbered catalogue.
- McGrath, Thomas. "Federico Barocci and the history of pastelli in central Italy." Apollo 148 (November 1998): 6, fig. 7.
- Verstegen, Ian Ferguson. "The Art of Painting and the Rhetoric of Persuasion." Ph.D. dissertation, Temple University, Philadelphia, 2002: 132.