lower right in red chalk: disegno fate a Roma; lower center in red chalk: D-1-; lower right in brown ink: Perino 2 8; other numerical notations overall; verso, numerical notations overall
Unidentified collection (armorial blindstamp similar in format to Lugt 2736a, but with different field); Sir Peter Lely [1618-1680] (Lugt 2092), London; presumably William Cavendish, 2nd Duke of Devonshire [1672-1729] (Lugt 718); by descent, Chatsworth (inv. no. 657) (sale, London, Christie's 6 July 1987, lot 10); (P. & D. Colnaghi, London, 1987); purchased by Ian Woodner, New York; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990; gift to NGA, 1993.
- Old Master Drawings from Chatsworth, a Loan Exhibition from the Devonshire Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington and tour, 1969-1970, no. 56 (recto only).
- Old Master Drawings from Chatsworth: a Loan Exhibition from the Devonshire Collection, Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 1973-1974, no. 56.
- Old Master Drawings from Chatsworth, a Loan Exhibition from the Devonshire Collection , National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo, 1975, no. 18.
- Old Master Drawings, a Loan from the Collection of the Duke of Devonshire, Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1977, no. 25 (recto only).
- Raphael in America, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1983, no. 127.
- Raphael Architteto, Museo Capitolini, Rome, 1984, no. 3.2.10, p. 408.
- Master Drawings: The Woodner Collection, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1987, (hors de catalogue).
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1990, no. 16 (recto and verso).
- Nine Old Master Drawings: Recent Gifts from the Woodner Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1993 (checklist only).
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 33, as A Marble Horse on the Quirinal Hill.
- Franklin, David. From Raphael to Carracci: The Art of Papal Rome. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Canada. Ottawa, 2009: 116-117, 447, no. 16 (repro. in color; verso not exhibited).