Admission is always free Directions
Open today: 10:00 to 5:00
Milch, Inc., E. & A.
Active 1912 - 1981
Milch Galleries
Biography
The Milch Gallery was founded in 1912 by Edward Milch. Four years later, he formed a partnership with his brother, Albert, and incorporated as E. & A. Milch, although the name was soon changed to Milch Galleries. Originally a print and framing business, the gallery shifted focus to American paintings in the 1920s. The firm again changed names to Milch Gallery in 1967, and was dissolved in 1981, upon the death of Edward's son, Harold Milch.

Related Content

Filter results by:

Works on View

Limit to works on view

Online Images

Limit to works with online images

Classification

Limit to works of classification:

Nationality

Limit to works of artist nationalities:

Online Editions

Limit to works belonging to editions:

Time Span

Limit to works created between:

Styles

Limit to works containing styles:

Photographic Process

Limit to works containing photographic processes:

Locations

Find works executed in:


Subjects

Find works containing subject terms:


Alternate Numbers

Find works with an alternate reference number (for example, Key Set number) containing:


  • Filters: