Recorded as from Ely, Vermont. (Mary and Sara Andrews, Ashaway, Rhode Island), by whom sold in 1950 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- Extended loan for use by The White House, Washington, D.C., 1970-1971.
- Art and the Oval Office: Presidential Selections from the Nation's Museums, 1960-2000, The Arkansas Arts Center, Little Rock, 2004-2005, no cat.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 152, repro.
- McGrath, Robert L. Early Vermont Wall Paintings 1790-1850. Hanover, New Hampshire, 1972: 46-49.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 299, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 430, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 613-615, color repro. 614.