Recorded as from Massachusetts. (Sara H. Andrews, Ashaway, Rhode Island), by whom sold in 1959 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1966.
- 101 Masterpieces of American Primitive Painting from the Collection of E.W. and B.C. Garbisch, traveling exh. by the Amer. Federation of Arts, New York, 1961-1964, no. 82, color repro. First venue: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, N.Y.
- Twenty-five Folk Artists: Their Lives and Work, Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Center, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1971, no cat.
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Exh. cat. Traveling exh. by the International Exhibitions Foundation, Washington, 1985-1987, no. 32, color repro. First venue: Museum of American Folk Art, New York.
- La Nascita di Una Nazione: Pittori americani dalla National Gallery of Art di Washington 1730-1880, Palazzo Pepoli Campogrande, Bologna; Galleria Internazionale d'Arte Moderna di Ca'Pesaro, Venice, 1988-1989, no. 32, repro.
- Heydenryk, Henry. The Art and History of Frames (New York 1963): 102, fig. 94.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 92, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 214, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 192, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 171, color repro. 172.