Recorded as from New York. (Possibly David David, Inc., Philadelphia, until June 1958), by whom sold to (Edith Gregor Halpert, Downtown Gallery, New York), by whom sold in 1958 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; by bequest to NGA, 1980.
- New Acquisitions, Downtown Gallery, New York, 1958 (recorded as 1957), no cat.
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Exh. cat. Traveling exh. by the International Exhibitions Foundation, Washington, 1985-1987, no. 57, color repro. First venue: Museum of American Folk Art, New York.
- La Nascita di Una Nazione: Pittori americani dalla National Gallery of Art di Washington 1730-1880, Palazzo Pepoli Campogrande, Bologna; Galleria Internazionale d'Arte Moderna di Ca'Pesaro, Venice, 1988-1989, no. 57, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 343, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 374, 377, color repro. 376.