B.F. Nicholson (sold, Sotheby's, London, March 23, 1971, no. 90); to Armand Hammer Collection, 1971; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Exhibited with the Armand Hammer collection from 1971, beginning with Oklahoma Art Center, Oklahama City; except Fine Arts Gallery of San Diego, 1971, and Tennessee Fine Arts Center at Cheekwood, Nashville, 1976.
- Recent Acquisitions and Promised Gifts, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1974, no. 69.
- Old Master Drawings from American Collections, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1976, (not in catalogue -- added late?).
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Christopher White, "The Hammer Collection: Drawings," Apollo, vol. 95 (June, 1972), pp.458-60, fig. 5.
- Benesch, Otto. The Drawings of Rembrandt. 6 vols. London: Phaidon, 1973. (enlarged and edited by Eva Benesch from 1954-1957 ed.): undesc