lower right on the cartellino on the pilaster: Franciscus benalius Filius petri / Albado (Francesco Benaglio, son of Pietro, dealer in cereals); lower center on the step below the saint: .SS. HIERONYMVS.
Sir Francis Baring, 1st Bt. [1740-1810], London; (sale, Christie's, London, 15 March 1805, no. 51, as by Francesco di Ladi); (Thomas Winstanley, Liverpool); William Roscoe [1753-1831], Liverpool, by 1813, sold before 1816. Private collection, England. (sale, Robinson, Fisher & Harding, London, 27 November 1924, no. 99, as St. Francis by C. Crivelli). Art market, London, by 1933. (Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi, Florence); purchased July 1948 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Andrea Mantegna e le Arti a Verona, 1450-1500, Palazzo della Gran Guardia, Verona, 2006-2007, no. 32, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1945-1951. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 72, no. 25, repro., as St. Anthony Abbot.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 113, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 13.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 6, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 10, fig. 18.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 24, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: 1:53; 2:pl. 37.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 45, repro.
- Deceptions and Illusions: Five Centuries of Trompe l'Oeil Painting. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2002-2003: no. 25.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 101-105, color repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: