Baron Adolphe de Rothschild [1823-1900], Paris; Baron Maurice de Rothschild [d. 1957], Paris; Clarence H. Mackay [1874-1938], Roslyn, New York by 1925; (Jacques Seligmann & Cie., New York); purchased 1948, probably through (French & Co., New York), by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Decorative Arts of the Italian Renaissance 1400-1600, The Detroit Institute of Arts, 1958-1959, no. 262.
- Exhibition of Art Treasures for America from the Samuel H. Kress Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1961-1962, no. 120, as by Jacopo Sansovino.
- Valentiner, Wilhelm R. "The Clarence H. Mackay Collection." Art in America 13, no. 9 (1925): 320, as by Sansovino.
- Valentiner, W.R. The Clarence H. Mackay Collection. New York, 1926: 15, no. 28, as by Sansovino, repro.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 125-6, no. 464, repro. fig. 569.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 171, as by Jacopo Sansovino.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 150, repro., as by Jacopo Sansovino.
- The Frick Collection: An Illustrated Catalogue: III: Sculpture, Italian. Princeton, 1970: 183-184 (entry by John Pope-Hennessy, assited by Anthony Radcliff).
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 139.
- Penny, Nicholas. Catalogue of European Sculpture in the Ashmolean Museum: 1540 to the Present Day 3 vols. Oxford, 1992: I (Italian): 312.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 24, repro.
- Kryza-Gersch, Claudia. "Original Ideas and Their Reproduction in Venetian Foundries: Tiziano Aspetti's Mars in the Frick Collection - A Case Study." In Small Bronzes in the Renaissance. Debra Pincus, ed. Studies in the History of Art 62, Symposium Papers 39 (2001): 157 n. 33.
- Krahn, Volker. Bronzetti Veneziani. Die venezianischen Kleinbronze der Renaissance aus dem Bode-Museum Berlin. Berlin, 2003:154.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: