center left: F.V. Doornik. f 1731
Colonel Henry Thomas Chapman, Jr. [1837-1912], Brooklyn, by 1897 until at least 1911;; (his estate sale, Anderson Galleries, New York, 27-29 January 1913, 3rd day, no. 358, as Portrait of Ann De Peyster). (Ehrich Galleries, New York), at least in 1930. private collection; (sale, Plaza Art Galleries, New York, 13 April 1938, no. 57, same lot as NGA 1963.10.135, bought in); purchased through (Cornelius Michaelsen Gallery, New York) by Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Opening Exhibition in the Galleries of the New Museum Building, Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences, 1897, no. 571.
- Loan to display with permanent collection, Brooklyn Museum, 1898-1911.
- Paintings other than French in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 17, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 42.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 36, repro.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 166, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 108, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 307.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 132, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: