Charles Paravey [d. by 1878], Paris; (his sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 13 April 1878, no. 97, as by Filippo Lippi, probably bought in); probably by inheritance to Paravey's daughter, Mme Raynaud, Paris. (sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 16 December 1929, no. 44, as by Filippo Lippi); (Wildenstein & Co., Inc., New York); sold October 1947 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- A Century of Progress. Exhibition of Paintings and Sculpture, Art Institute of Chicago, June-November 1933, no. 109, as Nativity.
- Five Centuries of European Painting, Los Angeles Museum of Art, November-December 1933, no. 3, repro., as The Nativity.
- Italian Paintings of the XIV to XVI Century, Detroit Institute of Arts, March 1933, no. 24, as Madonna Adoring the Child.
- Exhibition of Italian Paintings of the Renaissance, The Century Association, New York, 1935, no. 2, as Madonna Adoring the Child.
- Masterpieces of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture from 1300-1800, New York World's Fair, 1939, no. 21, repro., as The Madonna Adoring the Child.
- Masterpieces of Art from European and American Collections, Detroit Institute of Arts, 1941, no. 4, repro., as Madonna Adoring the Child.
- Italian Paintings, Wildenstein & Co., New York, 1947, no. 16, repro., as Adoration of the Child.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1945-1951. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 52, no. 14, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 69, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 17.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 122, fig. 333.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 10, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 38, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:85-86, II:pl. 57
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 97, no. 60, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 56, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 157-161, color repro.