Roy Lichtenstein: A Retrospective
October 14, 2012 – January 13, 2013
East Building, Upper Level and Mezzanine, Northeast, and Upper Level, North Bridge
This exhibition is no longer on view at the National Gallery.
Overview: In the first major exhibition since
Organization: Organized by the Art Institute of Chicago and Tate Modern, London, in association with the National Gallery of Art, Washington.
Sponsor: Bank of America is proud to be the global sponsor. The Robert and Mercedes Eichholz Foundation is the foundation sponsor. The Exhibition Circle of the National Gallery of Art is also supporting the exhibition. The exhibition is supported by an indemnity from the Federal Council on the Arts and the Humanities.
The exhibition is made possible by Altria Group.
Catalog: Roy Lichtenstein: A Retrospective, by James Rondeau and Sheena Wagstaff. Chicago: Art Institute of Chicago, 2012.
Other Venues: The Art Institute of Chicago, May 16–September 3, 2012
Tate Modern, London, February 21–May 27, 2013
- "Roy Lichtenstein: A Retrospective" at the National Gallery of Art, Washington
- Video, Released: December 4, 2012, (5:50 minutes)
- Roy Lichtenstein: Reading between the Dots
- Audio, Released: October 30, 2012, (60:27 minutes)
- Conversations with Artists: Roy Lichtenstein
- Audio, Released: July 19, 2011, (73:04 minutes)
- Elson Lecture 1994: Roy Lichtenstein and Robert Rosenblum
- Audio, Released: March 22, 2011, (57:05 minutes)