- Vermeer's "Woman in Blue Reading a Letter" from the Rijksmuseum
- September 19 – December 1, 2015
- West Building, Main Floor, M-50C
This exhibition is no longer on view at the National Gallery.
Overview: In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Gallery's history-making exhibition Johannes Vermeer (1995–1996), the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam is lending one of its great treasures: Vermeer's Woman in Blue Reading a Letter (1663). Last seen in Washington in 1996, this luminous masterpiece has been recently restored and will hang in the Gallery's Dutch and Flemish Cabinet Galleries alongside other works by Vermeer in the permanent collection, including
Organization: Organized by National Gallery of Art, Washington.
Image: Johannes Vermeer, Woman in Blue Reading a Letter, c. 1663, oil on canvas, Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam. On loan from the City of Amsterdam (A. van der Hoop Bequest)
- Johannes Vermeer and the Masters of Genre Painting: Inspiration and Rivalry
- Video, Released: January 16, 2018, (10:34 minutes)