Looking and Learning Skills
During four or five field trip stops, students engage in activities that foster conversations around works of art, such as careful looking and creative writing exercises. These activities promote the following skills:
- Making careful observations using evidence from the works of art.
- Formulating questions and connections that demonstrate curiosity and engagement.
- Exploring multiple viewpoints within the student group.
- Using one’s own perspective to contribute to the discussion.
- Developing and articulating new ideas about modern art and identity.