Looking and Learning Skills
During four to five field trip stops, students engage in activities—such as looking exercises and small-group work—that foster conversations about works of art. On this field trip, students will practice the following skills:
- Reasoning with evidence from works of art and using them as primary sources from which to gather ideas about French art and culture.
- Developing new perspectives about French art, culture, and history.
- Making and voicing careful observations.
- Formulating questions that demonstrate curiosity and engagement.
- Comparing different works of art and articulating connections between them.
- Connecting field trip ideas to prior knowledge and experience.