Looking and Learning Skills
On this field trip, students will explore two or three works of art from different perspectives using creative writing, visual note-taking, and movement techniques. Students will practice the following skills:
- Making and articulating careful observations.
- Formulating questions that demonstrate curiosity and connection through empathy.
- Examining works of art from the perspectives of peers, the artists, and the people in the art.
- Reasoning with evidence from the works of art themselves—developing narratives based on what's seen in the work of art.
- Connecting new ideas to prior knowledge and personal experience.