The annotations (pins, polygons, and other shaded areas) indicate the following information relative to the maps over which they appear. These annotations can be toggled on or off using the "toggle annotations" dialogue box at the top left of the Mirador image viewer.
- Green/Verde: Churches/Chiese or other edifices as they are labeled on the map or noted in the legend on each map
- Blue/Azzurro: Identifiable churches or other edifices unlabeled on the map and unnoted in the legend
- Yellow/Giallo: Palaces/Palazzi
- Purple/Viola: Plazas/Piazze
- Orange/Arancio: Portals/Porte, Roads/Strade, or other