lower left in graphite: Half Dome + Royal Arches Yosemite; lower right in graphite: 9 5/8 x 13 1/2 9c; lower left corner in graphite: 18 [circled]
Colman Family; (Kennedy Galleries, New York); (Adams Davidson Galleries, Washington, DC); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1980; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Works on Paper from Thomas Cole to Andrew Wyeth, Adams, Davidson Galleries, Washington, DC, 1980, p. 5, fig. 22, repro
- Acquisitions Since 1975, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1982-1983
- American Master Drawings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1983
- American Masters: Works on Paper from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service, 1986-1988, pp. 35-36, no. 18, repro
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 72, no. 453.