(Downtown Gallery, New York); purchased 25 October 1965 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- George L. K. Morris: A Retrospective Exhibition of Paintings and Sculpture, 1930-1964, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1-30 may 1965, no. 24.
- Five Years: The Friends of the Corcoran, "The Contemporary Spirit," Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 7-30 October 1966, unnumbered catalogue.
- 15 American Artists from the Corcoran: an Exhibition of American 20th c. Works from the Permanent Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art, London Art Gallery, Ontario, 4 April - 6 May 1975, no. 5, repro.
- Symbols and Scenes: Art By and About American Indians, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1 March-16 April 1980, unnumbered checklist.
- Amerikanische Maleri 1930-1980, Haus der Kunst, Munich, 14 November 1981-31 January 1982, no. 115.
- Friends of the Corcoran 25th Anniversary Exhibition: Selections from Acquisitions by the Friends of the Corcoran, 1961-1985, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 14-30 March 1986, unnumbered checklist.
- Suzy Frelinghuysen and George L. K. Morris, American Abstract Artists: Aspects of their Work and Collection, Williams College Museum of Art, Williamstown; Princeton University Art Museum, 1992-1993, no. 26.
- Encouraging American Genius: Master Paintings from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Parrish Art Museum, Southampton, New York; Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte; John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, 2005-2007, no. 89 (shown only in Washington).
- The American Evolution: A History through Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1 March-27 July 2008, unpublished checklist.
- American Paintings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 6 June-18 October 2009, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 309, repro.