Recorded as from Massachusetts. (Richard C. Morrison, Fenway Art Center, Boston), by whom sold in 1949 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- Little-Known Connecticut Artist 1790-1810, Connecticut Historical Society, Hartford, 1957-1958, cat. by Nina Fletcher Little in Connecticut Historical Society Bulletin 22 (October 1957): 106, 117, no. 14.
- The American Primitive Paintings Exhibit, organized by the Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara, California, for the de Saisset Art Gallery, University of Santa Clara, 1968.
- The Beardsley Limner and Some Contemporaries, A. A. Rockefeller Folk Art Center, Williamsburg; Montclair Art Museum, New Jersey; New Haven Colony Historical Society, Connecticut, 1972-1973, no. 6 (cat. by Christine Skeeles Sch
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Terra Museum of American Art, Evanston, Illinois, 1981-1982, no. 6 (cat. by Ronald McKnight Melvin).
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 136, repro.
- Schloss, Christine Skeeles. "The Beardsley Limner." Antiques 103 (March 1973): 534, fig. 5.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 24, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 27, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 14-16, color repro. 15.