Recorded as from New York State. Purchased in 1949 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- American Primitive Painting, traveling exhibition organized by the Smithsonian Inst. for the U.S. Information Service, Washington, 1954-1955, no. 65. First venue: Kunstmuseum, Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Untitled exhibition, Alexandria Mental Health Association Benefit, Mulrooney Hall, Alexandria, Virginia, 1972, no cat.
- Extended loan for use by the Council on Economic Policy, Office of the Secretary of the Treasury, The White House, 1973-1974.
- American Folk Art: Tour in the Arkansas Artmobile Bicentennial Exhibition, traveling exhibition organized by the Arkansas Arts Center, Little Rock, 1975-1976, no cat.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Swanee Hunt, U.S. Embassy residence, Vienna, Austria, 1993-1997.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 154, repro., as by Unknown American.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 303, repro., as by Unknown American.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 375, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 393-395, repro. 394.