Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Molinier, Émile. Les Bronzes de la Renaissance. Les Plaquettes; Catalogue Raisonné. 2 vols. Paris, 1886: 1:75, no. 111, as by Melioli (in the Louis Courajod collection, reported as 4.9 diam.).
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931: 58, no. 74, pl. 24, as An Allocuion by Pseudo-Melioli.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 144, as An Allocuion by Pseudo-Melioli.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 58, no. 195, fig. 213, as A Military Allocuion by Pseudo-Melioli.
- Schofield, Richard. "Avoiding Rome: an Introduction to Lombard Sculptors and the Antique." Arte Lombarda 100:1 (1992): 38, 39 fig. 8.