Probably by inheritance to Viscount de Beughem, Brussels; by inheritance to his niece, Mary Eula Mason Blair [1906 -1983], and her husband, William Draper Blair [1902-1993], Washington, D.C.; gift 1976 to NGA.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Terrel H. Bell, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C., 1981-1984.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Samuel R. Pierce, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, D.C., 1987-1989.
- Extended loan for use by The Supreme Court of the United States, Washington, D.C., 1989-
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 142, repro.
- Conisbee, Philip, et al. French Paintings of the Fifteenth through the Eighteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2009: 480, repro.