Recorded as from New York state. Helen Read, by whom sold in 1954 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch.
- American Primitive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Holland Union, Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1973, exhibition guide (copy not located).
- The American Primitive: Naive Paintings from 1720 to 1870, Mansfield Art Center, Ohio, 1987, no. 2, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 253, repro., as Pieter Vanderlyn.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 372, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 435, repro. 436.