center verso stamped: WALKER EVANS / 1681 YORK AVENUE / NEW YORK, N.Y. 10028; by later hand, upper right verso in graphite: 66.1101; lower center verso in graphite: 17
- Walker Evans' Subway, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1966.
- Walker Evans: Subway Photographs and Other Recent Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Addison Gallery of American Art, Andover, 1991-1992.
- "World Without End: Photography and the 20th Century", Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 2000-2001, unnumbered catalogue reproduction.
- Evans, Walker. Many Are Called. Boston, 1966, p. 9 (variant: cropped to show more of negative).
- Thompson, Jerry L. Walker Evans at Work. New York, 1982: p. 154 (above left).
- Greenough 1991, pl. 22.