by later hand, lower right in graphite: XLVII
Leicester Galleries, London; Edward Le Bas, Brighton (sold Geneva, Christie, Manson & Woods, Nov 6, 1969, no. 155); Armand Hammer Collection, 1969; gift to NGA, 1991.
- From a Painter's Collection (Edward Le Bas Collection), Royal Academy of Arts, London; Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, Edinburgh, 1968, no. 231.
- Exhibited with the Armand Hammer collection from 1969, starting with Brooks Memorial Art Gallery, Memphis, Tennessee; except all venues between March 26, 1982 (Beijing) and March 9, 1986 (Palm Springs, California). Work was on long term loan to LACMA.
- Cézanne, Musée Saint Georges, Liège; Musée Granet - Palais de Malte, Aix-en-Provence, 1982.
- Exhibition with the Armand Hammer collection resumed with the Hermitage Museum, Leningrad in 1986.
- Rewald, John. Paul Cezanne: The Watercolors. Boston: Little, Brown and Company (A New York Graphic Society Book), 1983.