National Gallery Nights returns with a salute to women. Extra points for dressing as your favorite shero!
- Dance to tunes by iconic women musicians with Les The DJ
- Experience experimental pop-up performances from darlingdance
- Explore works by women artists with our friends at the National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Get a sneak preview of the future Smithsonian American Women’s History Museum
- Make your own art inspired by Called to Create: Black Artists of the American South.
- Plus, you can sip a variety of beverages, savor special-edition gelato flavors mango pomegranate, and pink lemonade, and nibble on empanadas and other snacks. See a sample menu.
Women’s History Month
Women Artists in Our Collection
Explore art and artists in our collection, along with exhibitions, events, and resources for educators.
Five Great Women Artists Celebrated by Katy Hessel
Art historian, author, curator, and podcaster Katy Hessel digs into the life and work of five women artists in our collection. Learn why she considers them some of the greats.