Registration is required.
National Gallery Nights returns to where it all began—the East Building!
- Pop-up talks on our special exhibitions The Double: Identity and Difference in Art since 1900 and The Woman in White: Joanna Hiffernan and James McNeill Whistler
- Artist Josiah McElheny’s Two Walking Mirrors, presented by Deviated Theatre in The Double
- An interactive performance blending classical music, toy piano, and electronics from Chromic Duo
- Gesture drawing with live models and other hands-on activities
- Pop and hip-hop hits from DJ Heat
- Food trucks on the East Building Plaza, plus limited choices of light fare and beverages for purchase in the East Building’s Terrace Café and pop-up bars on the Ground and Mezzanine Levels
Registration is required and opens one week in advance at noon. A limited number of passes will become available online at 10:00 a.m. the morning of each event, and a few additional passes will be available at the door—first-come, first-served—starting at 5:30 p.m.
Email [email protected].
This program is made possible by a generous grant from The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation.
Don’t miss our fall season!
Sign up for email reminders when registration opens for each event.
Thank you. Please check your email for a confirmation message.