Due to high demand, we have instituted a free lottery for this event so that anyone interested in National Gallery Nights has equal chance to participate.
- Lottery closes: Thursday, May 4 at 11:59 p.m.
- Results announced: Monday, May 8, 10:00 a.m.
If selected, you’ll be able to reserve up to two free passes.
Didn't get passes? We’ll offer 202 walk-up passes at the East Building entrance—first-come, first-served—starting at 5:30 p.m.
Join us in celebrating the people and culture of DC.
- Soak in the sounds of go-go music with Rare Essence* and the beats of Malik Stewart (aka Malik DOPE drummer)
- Learn about DC murals from Kelly Towles, founder of DC Walls
- Hear from local emerging artists from American University, George Washington University, and Howard University during pop-up talks
- See art created by DC Public Schools students
- View a special assortment of works by DC artists in our Library
- Create your own masterpiece with an artmaking activity inspired by the Washington Color School
*Rare Essence performances are first-come, first-served in the East Building Auditorium for registered guests. There will be three, 20-minute performances at 6:15 p.m., 7:15 p.m., and 8:15 p.m.