As the days get shorter, celebrate the winter solstice with us and let your imagination grow. Join museum educator Dena Rapoport and DC Public Schools educator Georgina Ardalan as they guide you and your child through an artful conversation. During this interactive session everyday objects are transformed into extraordinary works of shadow art. The following materials are all you need to participate:
- Paper (any kind, any size, up to 5 pieces)
- Coloring materials (colored pencils or crayons)
- Cup (empty, about 8 ounces)
- Binder clips (large) or clothespins
- Everyday objects found in your home (choose 2–4, such as fruits and vegetables, kitchen utensils, aluminum foil, candy wrappers or potato chip bags, containers of liquid colored soap, hairbrushes or combs, small plants)
Registration is required for this free program. Adults must attend the session alongside children. This activity is offered three times; please choose one of the following sessions.