lower right corner, partially obscured: M[...]ris
The artist [1905-1975]; (Hirschl & Adler Galleries, Inc., New York); purchased 1971 by Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert H. Kinney, Washington, D.C.; gift 1991 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Artists for Victory: An Exhibition of Contemporary American Art: Paintings, Sculpture, Prints, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 7 December 1942 - 22 February 1943, unnumbered catalogue, as Project for a Monument.
- George L.K. Morris, Downtown Gallery, New York, 13 February - 3 March 1945, no. 18, as Project for a Monument.
- George L.K. Morris: A Retrospective Exhibition of Paintings and Sculpture, 1930-1964, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1-30 May 1965, no. 64.
- Morris Retrospective, Berkshire Museum, Pittsfield, 2-31 August 1966, no. 5 under sculpture.
- George L.K. Morris: A Retrospective Exhibition, Hirschl and Adler Galleries, New York, 5-30 October 1971, no. 25, repro.
- Loan to display with permanent collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980-1991.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004-7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.
- Impressionism, Realism, Modernism: Works on Paper from the American Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 14 July - 11 November 2007, unpublished checklist.