lower right: E. Lawson
(Charles Daniels, New York); purchased 1916 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Sixth Exhibition of Oil Paintings by Contemporary American Artists, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 17 December 1916 - 21 January 1917, no. 88.
- Art League. Washington, 26 May - August 1934.
- Ernest Lawson, 1873-1939, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa; Confederation Art Gallery and Museum, Charlottetown, P.E.I.; Nova Scotia College of Art, Halifax; Saskatoon; Sarnia; Agnes Etherington Art Centre, Queen's University, Kingston; Sir George William's College, Montreal; London Public Library, Ontario,1967, no. 36.
- Corcoran [The American Genius], Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1976, no checklist.
- Guy Pene du Bois: Artist About Town, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston, 1980-1981, no. 100.
- Henri's Circle, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 April-16 June 1985, unnumbered checklist.
- Forty-Fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907-1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1998, unnumbered checklist.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2004, unpublished checklist.
- Encouraging American Genius: Master Paintings from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Parrish Art Museum, Southampton, NY; Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte; John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, 2005-2007, checklist no. 74 (shown only in Washington).
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013-28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Larkin, Susan G. "Ernest Lawson, Boathouse, Winter, Harlem River." In Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Edited by Sarah Cash. Washington, 2011: 214-215, 279, repro.