Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection: Renaissance Bronzes. Oxford, 1931: 82, no. 67, pl. 41.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 137, as Panther by Florentine 15th Century.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 533.
- Avery, Charles and Corey Keeble. Florentine Baroque Bronzes and Other Objects of Art. Exh. cat. Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, January 1975: 8
- Wixom, William D. Renaissance Bronzes From Ohio Collections. Exh. cat. Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, 1975: no. 30, repro.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 84, no. 42.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 43, repro.