lower left: baj; lower right: 1961; on reverse: "Meuble de Style" / 61
(Galleria Schwarz, Milan); sold 1961 to Burton G. [1902-1991] and Emily Hall [1908-1987] Tremaine, Madison, Connecticut; gift 1969 to NGA.
- New Realism, Sidney Janis Gallery, New York, 1962.
- Feelies...The nature of things perceived through touch, Addison Gallery of American Art, Philips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts, 1967, not in exhibition brochure.
- Enrico Baj, Indianapolis Museum of Art, 1978, not in cat.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 16, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 35, repro.