lower left verso in pen and brown ink: H.B.; upper right verso in graphite:della Rovere / (Gere)
Julius S. Held [1905-2002], by 1970; gift 1985 to NGA.
- Selections from the Drawing Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Julius S. Held, University Art Gallery, Binghamton; traveling exhibition, 1970, no. 101, as German School, 18th Century.
- Master Drawings from the Collection of Ingrid and Julius S. Held, The Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown; traveling exhibition, 1979, no. 8.