upper left reverse: Raoul Dufy
(Wildenstein and Co., London, New York and Paris), by 1961; sold 1962 to Mr. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift 1985 to NGA.
- Gifts to the Nation: Selected Acquisitions from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1986, unnumbered checklist
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Robert Mosbacher, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, D.C., 1989-1993.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Ron Brown, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, D.C., 1993-1997.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary William M. Daley, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, D.C., 1997-1999.
- Raoul Dufy: Last of the Fauves, Norton Museum of Art, West Palm Beach; Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis; New Orleans Museum of Art; Marion Koogler McNay Art Museum, San Antonio, 1999-2000, no. 56, repro.
- Raoul Dufy Le plaisir, Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, 2008-2009, no. 118, repro.
- Raoul Dufy. Exterior to Interior, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, Madrid, 2015, no. 92, repro.