Oscar Hainauer [d. 1894], Berlin. (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); sold 17 May 1909 to Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 9, as Venetian School 16th Century.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Widener Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1948 (reprinted 1959): 150, repro., as Jupiter by Venetian 16th Century.
- National Gallery of Art. Paintings and Sculpture from the Widener Collection. Reprint. Washington, DC, 1959: 150, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 172, as Venetian School.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 152, repro., as Venetian School.
- Mariacher, Giovanni. Bronzetti veneti del rinascimento. Vicenza, 1971: 36 no. 125, repro., as Jupiter with the Eagle, by Jacopo Sansovino (?).
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 137.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 120, repro.
- Avery, Charles, Marzia Ratti, and Angela Acordon, eds. Sculture: bronzetti, placchette, medaglie. Museo Civico Amedeo Lia, La Spezia. [Cinisello Balsamo], 1998: 174, no. 106.