Dive into our rare book collection to explore color theory with Mariela Barcenas, National Gallery of Art and National Museum of the American Latino intern.
Seeking inspiration from many examples, we’ll create collages focused on monochromatic harmonies.
- Four sheets of any paper 8.5x11, thicker paper preferred
- Various collage materials, like magazines, books, and newspapers
- Colored pencils, watercolors, or pastels
- Scissors and/or craft knife
- Glue stick or liquid glue and a paintbrush
- Pencil, pen, and eraser