(H. P. Kraus, 1962); (Colin and Charlotte Franklin, Fine and Rare Books, Home Farm, Culham, Oxford, 1973); (sale, Kornfeld and Klipstein, Bern, 12 June 1974, no. 18); private collection; (John Baskett, London, 1975); Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; bequest of Paul Mellon [1907-1999] to NGA, with life interest retained for his wife, Rachel (Bunny) Lambert Mellon [1910-2014]; gift to NGA, 2014.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art. NGA, Washington, DC, 1991, 262-263 (entry by Virginia Tuttle Clayton).
- Bouvet, Francis. Bonnard: The Complete Graphic Work. New York: Rizzoli, 1981: no. 73, proofs.
- Ray, Gordon. The Art of the French Illustrated Book 1700 to 1914. New York, 1982: 505-506, under no. 383A.
- Pierre Bonnard: The Graphic Art. Exh. cat. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1989: 168 (fig. 229, reproducing page 100), 229, under no. 82.
- Bonnard. Exh. cat. Tate Gallery, London, and Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1998: 82, under no. 15, fig. 36 (reproducing page 100).