on top of the base, proper right: A. STL Eberle; underneath the base, a Corcoran Gallery of Art loan number: L46.15
The artist; bequest 1968 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Possibly Exhibition of Sculpture by Chester Beach, Abastenia St. L. Eberle, Mahonri Young [on the theme of 'everyday life of the common people'], Macbeth Gallery, New York, 17 February - 2 March 1914, no. 19, as Wading.
- Possibly 111th Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 6 February - 26 March 1916, no. 654, as Wading.
- Small Bronzes by American Sculptors, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1932 (continuing exhibition that opened 8 February 1930).
- Loan to display at a State Dinner, The White House, Washington, 15 May 1975.
- Abastenia St. Leger Eberle, Sculptor (1878-1942), Des Moines Art Center, 15 July - 17 August 1980, no. 17b, repro.
- Women at Work: Sculpture from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1987, cat. with unnumbered checklist.
Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004 - 7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.
- American Bronzes from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 29 April 2009 - 2013, no catalogue.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Caffin, Charles. "Sculptures Rich in Life and Art." New York American (1913): 6.
- Casteras, Susan P. "Abastenis St. Leger Eberle's White Slave." Woman's Art Journal (Spring/Summer 1986): 32.
- Conner, Janis, and Joel Rosenkranz. Rediscoveries in American Sculpture: Studio Works, 1893-1938. Austin, 1989: 30.