Hans Bolsterer (Polsterer) worked as a sculptor, wood carver and goldsmith. There are some tomb sculptures by him in Frankfurt, where he worked from about 1546 to 1548, when he settled in Nuremberg. Some thirty-eight medals are signed or given to him, the earliest is dated 1540 and he appears to have practically ceased to make medals after 1555, although the last medal is dated 1567.
[Published in: John Graham Pollard. Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. 2 vols. Washington, 2007]