Skip to Content

Doll and Richards

est. 1866

Biography
Doll & Richards, Boston, was established in 1866 as Hendrickson, Doll & Richards, under which it operated until Hendrickson's retirement in 1870. The gallery incorporated in 1902, and retained the name Doll & Richards until the death of J. Dudley Richards in 1922. Despite numerous sales after his death (as reflected in business records housed at the Archives of American Art), the gallery maintained its specialization in American painting.

Related Content
  • Sort by:
  • Results layout:
Show  results per page

Limit to works on view

Limit to works with online images

Limit to works of classification:

Limit to works of artist nationalities:

Limit to works belonging to editions:

Limit to works created between:

Limit to works containing styles:

Limit to works containing photographic processes:

Find works executed in:


Find works containing subject terms:


Find works with an alternate reference number (for example, Key Set number) containing:


  • Filters:
  • Sort by:
  • Results layout:
Show  results per page