behind left leg: Rodin
Acquired possibly 1905 from the artist by Mr. and Mrs. John W. Simpson, New York; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Rodin: Sculpture, Drawings, Prints, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no. 11.
- Wax Sculptures by Degas, Sculptures and Drawings by Rodin, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965-1966, no cat.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 167.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 149, repro.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 208, repro.
- Butler, Ruth, and Suzanne Glover Lindsay, with Alison Luchs, Douglas Lewis, Cynthia J. Mills, and Jeffrey Weidman. European Sculpture of the Nineteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000: 368, color repro. 369.