Grades 9 through 12
Please note this tour is given in English. If you wish to request a Spanish-language tour, please see information about Spanish Art in Spanish.
Looking and Learning Skills
This tour, with five or six stops in the galleries, includes discussion and sketching to encourage participants to develop their own ideas and interpretations based on careful observation. On this tour, students will practice the following skills:
• Reasoning with evidence from the works of art and using them as primary sources on Spanish art and culture.
• Making and articulating careful observations.
• Formulating questions that demonstrate curiosity and engagement.
• Comparing and connecting different works of art.
• Connecting tour ideas to prior knowledge and experience.
Examples of Works Featured on Tour
Group Size: Up to 60 students
Length: 90 minutes; offered at 12:30 p.m. and 2:15 p.m.
Meeting Location: West Building Rotunda
Additional Gallery Resources
Tours must be scheduled at least four weeks in advance. Groups must contain at least 15 students.
Once your tour has been scheduled, you will receive an email confirmation in 10 business days.